Monday, September 12, 2016

Wandering Thoughts: Blubel Bike Nav



Sometimes my posts get away from me and the last one did.

I got so excited about the prior post (Helix Folding Bike) that I quit watching the video that contained it and just blasted out the first of my Wandering Thoughts sub-blog.  At the end of the video I found Blubel, yet another cool kickstarter project.

The Blubel was inspired by a Bluetooth enabled bike bell, but because much more into the project that it now is; a Community-driven Bike Nav system.

It's somewhat ironic that I was just talking with a friend whose primary mode of transportation is bike, about bike theft and dealing with it.  I asked if there was some sort of registry that I could use to recover my bike were it to be stolen.   He showed me BikeIndex.org  So, was I not intrigued to now find this Blubel device which apparently can tell you where you bike last sat. And maybe track it if it rides away without you?



Blubel is a brilliant little device that offers many features without much fuss.  There's no screen per se, but it can still direct you and if you're "lost" the ring of lights always offers a general direction of your destination. Check out the video


It's a wonder where my mind goes, but almost always to the interesting stuff.

The social nav gets me the most... It's not your Father's Waze any more...  But Waze for bikes.  One thing that bike owners need is access to nav for safer streets.  Yay Blubel!

If you're looking for a Blubel, check out the site: 

No comments:

Post a Comment